What We Do
The Water & Sewer Department is responsible for:
- Enrolling residents in water, sewer, sanitation services
- Taking payments for water, sewer and sanitation services from the City
- Addressing complaints or concerns about related City services
Your annual Drinking Water Quality Report is available at www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/ccr/567.pdf, copies are available upon request from our office.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- 8:00am - 4:30pm
- The Water Department is located at 1874 Stokenbury Rd, Elkins, AR 72727 in Elkins City Hall
/ March 19, 2020
Notes from the Department
- The Elkins Water & Sewer Department services the residents inside the city limits of Elkins. We currently have approximately 1,260 household on our water and sewer system.
- If you have questions or complaints about your water, sewer, or trash service or for more information, please call the Water & Sewer Department. If it is after hours, please leave a voicemail with your name, address where the service is, and phone number.
- We accept credit card, personal check or money order payments. Residents can also sign up for automatic drafts from their bank account by contacting our office or you can Pay Online using our bill pay provider
- Bills are mailed out the last day of every month and are due by the 15th of the following month. A 10% late charge is applied at 12:01 am on the 16th of every month. If the 15th of the month falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the late penalty will be applied at 8:00 am. on the first working day after the 15th. Service will be disconnected for non-payment on the 26th of the month if payment is not received by the 25th of the month of service.
- Trash pickup in Elkins is through CARDS. Monday is trash pick-up day, and you must have your poly-carts or blue bags on the curb by 7 a.m. Recycling is picked up bi-weekly (see Recycling Calendar for more info)
Water & Sewer Rates
Deposits: $125.00 ($250.00 if no proof of previous water service at previous residence)
Service Reconnect Fee: $50.00 during working hours only
Insufficient Check Fee: $20.00
Trash & Recycling Rates
Included in trash service are 2-96 Gallon Carts:
- 1-Grey Lid-Recycle-Intermingle all accepted recyclables in cart.
- 1-Orange Lid-Trash-All trash needs to be bagged, no loose items accepted.
96-Gallon: $14.65/month (Effective 1/1/2021) - Holds Two+ 32-gal bag or less/week
Additional 96-Gallon: $6.00 extra per month
We accept credit card, personal check or money order payments.
Water & Sewer Clerk
Water & Sewer Superintendent
Water and Sewer Committee
The Water and Sewer Committee provides direction to the Water and Sewer Department to help protect, maintain, and develop a safe, sanitary and healthy environment. The Planning Commission aides in implementing the goals, objectives, and policies of the City as adopted by the City Council.… Read More