What we do
The Water & Sewer Department is responsible for:
- Enrolling residents in water, sewer, sanitation services
- Taking payments for water, sewer and sanitation services from the City
- Addressing complaints or concerns about related City services
Notes from the Department
- The Elkins Water & Sewer Department services the residents inside the city limits of Elkins. We currently have approximately 1,260 household on our water and sewer system.
- If you have questions or complaints about your water, sewer, or trash service or for more information, please call the Water & Sewer Department. If it is after hours, please leave a voicemail with your name, address where the service is, and phone number.
- We accept cash, credit card, personal check or money order payments. Residents can also sign up for automatic drafts from their bank account by contacting our office
- Bills are mailed out the last day of every month and are due by the 15th of the following month. A 10% late charge is applied at 8:00 am on the 16th of every month. If the 15th of the month falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the late penalty will be applied at 8:00 am. on the first working day after the 15th. Service will be disconnected for non-payment on the 10th of the following month.
- Trash pickup in Elkins is through CARDS. Monday is trash pick-up day, and you must have your poly-carts or blue bags on the curb by 7 a.m. Recycling is picked up bi-weekly (see Recycling Calendar for more info)
Water & Sewer Rates
Deposits: $125.00 ($250.00 if no proof of previous water service at previous residence)
Service Reconnect Fee: $50.00 during working hours only
Insufficient Check Fee: $20.00
Trash & Recycling Rates
Included in trash service are 2-64 Gallon Carts:
- 1-Grey Lid-Recycle-Intermingle all accepted recyclables in cart.
- 1-Orange Lid-Trash-All trash needs to be bagged, no loose items accepted.
96-Gallon: $13.99/month-Holds Two+ 32-gal bag or less/week
Additional 96-Gallon $6.00 extra per month
We accept cash, credit card, personal check or money order payments.
Water & Sewer Superintendent
Water & Sewer Office Manager
Water and Sewer Committee
The Water and Sewer Committee provides direction to the Water and Sewer Department to help protect, maintain, and develop a safe, sanitary and healthy environment. The Planning Commission aides in implementing the goals, objectives, and policies of the City as adopted by the City Council.… Read More
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:00am - 4:30pm
The Water Department is located at 1874 Stokenbury Rd, Elkins, AR 72727 in Elkins City Hall.