What we do
The Water & Sewer Department is responsible for:
- Enrolling residents in water, sewer, sanitation services
- Taking payments for water, sewer and sanitation services from the City
- Addressing complaints or concerns about related City services
All City of Elkins offices will be closed Friday, March 20, 2020 Effective March 23, 2020 Elkins City Hall, Elkins Water Department, Elkins District Court and Elkins Police Department will be closed to the public, this includes in-person payments for bills, fines and invoices. We will continue to be staffed, and they will process payments via the phone, mail or drop boxes. We will still issue permits and conduct normal business via phone and email. Customers may use the drop-boxes outside of the water department and district court (check or money order only) We will continue to process payments over the phone via credit/debit cards. Police- 479-643-2600 Emergency- 911 Non-Emergency (after hours or no answer) 479-444-5700 City Hall- 479-643-3400 Water Department- 479-643-3121 District Court- 479-643-4170 District Court Credit/debit Payments Arcourtpay.org or 844-507-3631
Notes from the Department
- The Elkins Water & Sewer Department services the residents inside the city limits of Elkins. We currently have approximately 1,260 household on our water and sewer system.
- If you have questions or complaints about your water, sewer, or trash service or for more information, please call the Water & Sewer Department. If it is after hours, please leave a voicemail with your name, address where the service is, and phone number.
- We accept cash, credit card, personal check or money order payments. Residents can also sign up for automatic drafts from their bank account by contacting our office
- Bills are mailed out the last day of every month and are due by the 15th of the following month. A 10% late charge is applied at 8:00 am on the 16th of every month. If the 15th of the month falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the late penalty will be applied at 8:00 am. on the first working day after the 15th. Service will be disconnected for non-payment on the 10th of the following month.
- Trash pickup in Elkins is through CARDS. Monday is trash pick-up day, and you must have your poly-carts or blue bags on the curb by 7 a.m. Recycling is picked up bi-weekly (see Recycling Calendar for more info)
Water & Sewer Rates
Deposits: $125.00 ($250.00 if no proof of previous water service at previous residence)
Service Reconnect Fee: $50.00 during working hours only
Insufficient Check Fee: $20.00
Trash & Recycling Rates
Included in trash service are 2-64 Gallon Carts:
- 1-Grey Lid-Recycle-Intermingle all accepted recyclables in cart.
- 1-Orange Lid-Trash-All trash needs to be bagged, no loose items accepted.
96-Gallon: $13.99/month-Holds Two+ 32-gal bag or less/week
Additional 96-Gallon $6.00 extra per month
We accept cash, credit card, personal check or money order payments.
Water & Sewer Superintendent
Water & Sewer Office Manager
Water and Sewer Committee
The Water and Sewer Committee provides direction to the Water and Sewer Department to help protect, maintain, and develop a safe, sanitary and healthy environment. The Planning Commission aides in implementing the goals, objectives, and policies of the City as adopted by the City Council.… Read More
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:00am - 4:30pm
The Water Department is located at 1874 Stokenbury Rd, Elkins, AR 72727 in Elkins City Hall.