The City of Elkins operates under a Mayor-Council form of government. In this system the City Council is the legislative and policy-making body of city government. It sets city policy by passing ordinances and resolutions. The Council also determines the city budget and appoints and removes certain board and commission members.
The council meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Court Room of Elkins City Hall, 1874 Stokenbury Road. City Council meetings, as well as all board and commission meetings, are open to the public and minutes/agendas are posted online.
City Council Members
Current Term of Office Expiration (12/31/2022 Position 1, 12/31/2020 Position 2)
- Ward 1, Position 1: Lindsay Watt - email@example.com
- Ward 1, Position 2: Matt Francis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 2, Position 1: Jeff Plumlee - email@example.com
- Ward 2, Position 2: Janet Mott - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 3, Position 1: Eric McGill - email@example.com
- Ward 3, Position 2: Lloyd Stith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Clerk: Delia Foster - email@example.com