Back to All Meetings
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Discussion Regarding Solid Waste Disposal
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
DATE: July 18, 2019
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present Mayor Bruce Ledford, Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Eric McGill, Council Member Lindsay Watt, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, Council Member Matt Francis, Council Member Janet Mott and City Attorney Tom Kieklak
- Mayor Bruce Ledford called a Special City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 6:30 p.m.
- City Clerk, Delia Foster, took roll: Council Member Lindsay Watt, Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Eric McGill, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, Council Member Janet Mott, and Council Member Matt Francis were present.
- Discussion Regarding Solid Waste Disposal:
- Contract up with Orion in December
- City can either renew/renegotiate contract or put out for bids
- CARDS willing to give same rates as Orion and has voiced interest in contract
- Council Members will be provided with the current solid waste and recycling contract to review and make outline of items wanted/required in the new contract (e.g curbside/curbside recycling, allowance for elders, city clean up, commercial services, etc…)
- Will revisit at the August meeting.
- Adjourn – Council Member McGill made a motion to adjourn at 6:54 p.m. Council Member Plumlee seconded the motion. A voice vote was called for and all voted “aye”, the issue passed unanimously.
Note: Meeting minutes are posted after approval at following City Council meeting.