Back to All Meetings
Elkins Water and Sewer Committee Special Meeting
31 May 2022 City Hall Auditorium
Members Present: Chairman Jim Cope
Mike Abbiatti Terry Johnson Bryan Grey Mayor Bruce Ledford- ex-officio
Members Absent: Esmerelda Marie
Actions Taken per Agenda
1. Meeting called to Order at 7:00pm – Chairman Cope
2. Approval of Minutes from 16 May 2022 meeting suspended – Chairman Cope
3. Superintendent’s Report -Duane Foster and consultant Chris Buntin (not present)
– Jerry Kopke – Rate Study consultant Communities Unlimited
a. City Utilities Dept. is financially stable.
b. Rate increase recommended is consistent with current data.
c. Water status is more stable than sewer status.
d. Water rate increase is recommended to be 1% per year for the next 5 years. ($0.29 per month)
e. Sewer rate increase of 8.5% per year for 5 years is recommended. ($3,37 per month)
f. Total increase at 4,000 gallons of water and 4,000 gallons of sewer utilization.
g. Motion by Member Grey to accept the Report as presented; seconded by member Johnson
4. A discussion ensued relative to the failure of consultant Chris Buntin to attend the meeting with no explanation or prior notice that he or a representative of his would attend to provide critical sewer project information. Mayor Ledford and Superintendent Foster will contact Mr. Buntin to determine the status of the current and future relationship with Mr. Buntin.
5. Call for Motion to Adjourn the meeting – Chairman Cope
a. Motion to Adjourn – Committee member Grey; Second by member Johnson
b. Vote to Adjourn unanimous; meeting adjourned at 7:35pmNote: Meeting minutes are posted after approval at following Water & Sewer Committee meeting.