Back to All Meetings
A meeting of the Elkins City Council will be held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 21st, 2019 at the City Administration Building
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Approval of 01/10/2019 Minutes
- Approval of 02/07/2019 Minutes
- Department Reports
- Unfinished Business
- Trash Service
- New Business
- Resolution 2019-4 2018 Final Budget
- Ratify Purchase of Jetter- Water and Sewer
- Spring Cleanup- May 17th and 18th 8 am-4:30 pm
- Alissa Noel
City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: February 21,2019
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Eric McGill,Council Member Lindsay Watt. Council Member Jeff Plumlee, Council Member Matt Francis, and City Attorney Tom Kieklak.
- Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
- D. DeMott led the invocation.
- Bryan Watts led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- City Clerk, Delia Foster, took roll: Council Member Lindsay Watt, Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Eric McGill, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, and Council Member Matt Francis were present. Council Member Janet Mott was absent.
- Approval of Minutes:
Approval of January 10, 2019 minutes:
Council Member Plumlee made a motion to approve the minutes of January 10, 2019. Council Member Stith seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
Approval of February 7, 2019 minutes.
Council Member McGill made a motion to approve the minutes of February 7, 2019. Council Member Watt seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
- Department Reports:
Duane Foster – Water & Sewer Department J.D. DeMott – Fire Department Bryan Watts – Police Department
- Unfinished Business:
- Trash Service:
Kevin Gardner with Inland Waste Solutions proposed a cost increase of solid waste disposal and recycling rates from S13.69 to SI 5.41 per month to recover landfill and recycling price increases.
Council Member Stith made a motion to table the request for an increase of rates.
Council Member Watt seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
9. New Business
- Resolution 2019-04: 2018 Final Budget Approval
Council Member Plumlee made a motion to approve Resolution 2019-04 approving and adopting the final 2018 budget for the City of Elkins, Arkansas. Council Member Francis seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
- Ratify Purchase of Jetter (Water & Sewer):
Council Member Stith made a motion authorize funding for the purchase of a 2009 Seca Vac Pump/Trailer in the amount of $23,636.25. Council Member Plumlee seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
10. Committee of the Whole:
- Spring Clean up to be held May 17,h -18th (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Alissa Noel – 679 Richland Creek, spoke to the Council concerning Bunch Park Maintenance – requesting the park and equipment be updated. Mayor Ledford appointed Ms. Noel as Chairman of the Parks Committee. Ms. Noel will choose 4 people to serve on the committee.
- Oakwoods Cleanup will be held March 30,h – need volunteers
- Yard sale fees will be waived the weekend before the city wide spring cleanup.
- Adjourn – Council Member Stith made a motion to adjourn at 8:00 p.m. Council Member McGill seconded the motion. (5/0) Motion Carried.
Note: Meeting minutes are posted after approval at following City Council meeting.