Back to All Meetings
Elkins Planning Agenda 2/20/2023.
Call to order.
Approval of 2/06/2023 Planning minutes
- Public hearing for rezoning request for Parcel# 745-00347-002 containing 1.71 acres. Request to rezone from R-4 to C-2
- Large Scale Development for Dollar General, Staff report from Courtney with Garver Engineering.
- Lot Split request for parcel #745-00340-000 Currently 4.173 acres
to create 2 parcels, Tract 1 to be 1.899 acres, Tract 2 to be 2.275 acres.
Elkins Planning Minutes 2/20/2023
Meeting called to order by Planning Chairman David Harrelson
Members in attendance Jamie Smith, Bo Mabry, Jeff Brenaman, Mark Barnett, David Harrelson.
1) Public hearing for rezoning request for Parcel#745-00347-002 1.71 acres, Request to rezone from R-4 to C-2.
MR Calvin Tackett (requester) spoke about desire to rebuild on existing slab and add 1-2 new structures in the future.
MR Andrew Brink owner of adjoining parcel #745-00347-003 that contains one 4 plex. MR Brink was not in favor of the rezoning request and felt that R-4 blended better with surrounding properties.
Chairman Harrelson ask for a motion to approve or deny, No member made motion to approve, all members unanimously agreed to deny rezoning request.
2) Large Scale Development for Parcel #745-00340-000 Presented by MR Dan Bartlett. Staff report presented by Courtney McNair with Garver. See attached staff report. Discussion about Fire alarm being required by Elkins Fire Department. Discussion about C-1 Landscaping. MR Bartlett is to submit landscaping plan prior to 3/20/2023 Planning meeting, Some discussion of other items on list. Jeff Brenaman made motion to approve with conditions of staff report, second by Mark Barnett, All in favor.
- 3) Lot split request for Lot Split request for parcel #745-00340-000 Currently 4.173 acres to create 2 parcels, Tract 1 to be 1.899 acres, Tract 2 to be 2.275 acres. Nathan with Blew and associates presented and pointed out their were corrections to setbacks that needed to be made and wrong zoning was displayed on plat. Jeff Brenaman made motion to approve lot split with corrections mentioned by Nathan, Jamie Smith second, all in favor.
Note: Meeting minutes are posted after approval at following Planning Commission meeting.