Read Ride Run Virtual Fundraiser 2022
We are excited to share that Friends of the Elkins Public Library and Elkins Community Network are teaming up to host the first Read, Ride, Run! Participants will seek sponsors to donate money for the participant to read, ride their bike, or run.
All proceeds will go towards funding EPL programs, especially the summer reading program.
Event Kick-Off: April 1
Final Logs & Sponsorship Money Due: June 3 by 6pm
Winners Announcement: June 6
Prizes Available: June 8
Here’s How it works:
- Download the registration packet or pick up a printed copy at the Elkins Public Library.
- Register. You can register as an individual or as a team. Registration links will go live April 1.
- Once you’ve created your individual page on CharityWeb, you can log in to personalize it by going to My Event>Modify Page and then share on social media and by email. You should receive an email with information about your account. Make sure to check your spam folder if it doesn’t appear immediately after you create your account.
- Recruit sponsors and pledges.
- Keep track of the number of 30 minute increments you spend reading, riding your bike, and/or running.
- All logs/sponsorship money is due by 6pm June 3. All paper logs, checks, and cash should be delivered to the Elkins Public Library before closing at 6pm on June 3.
- Prizes will be awarded in 3 divisions: 7 and Under, 8 to 18, and 19 and Up. Each division will have a winner for the Most Time Logged, and for Most Money Raised.
- Only hours logged between April 1 and June 3 are allowed to count toward your total.
- You can combine hours from reading, riding your bike, and from running.
- Donations can be collected in person or through the CharityWeb portal, or a combination of both. All sponsorship money must be turned in by June 3 to count toward the contest.
- Make Checks payable to Friends of the Elkins Public Library
- Winners will be announced on the Elkins Public Library Facebook page and will be notified through the contact information provided in the registration.
Want to donate to Read Ride Run? Donate here.
The Friends of the Elkins Public Library are also still looking for additional prize sponsors. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sponsor.