The Elkins Public Library Misses You!
After lots of consideration and working with the county library system, the city of Elkins, and the Elkins Public Library board and staff the library will be offering a curbside service starting 5/19/20. Here’s how we envision things happening:
- The Library is closed to the public until further notice
- The Library’s outdoor book drop is open. All materials will be quarantined. Please allow up to 3 days for your return to be reflected in your account.
- Due dates are back to normal. Everything is due 2 weeks from the date of check out starting 7-21-20. Anything checked out prior to 7-21-20 is not due until 8-15-20. Please refer to your online account or check out receipt for the correct due date.
- Items on the hold shelf will be held until we are able to notify patrons and safely check them out.
- Staff are available by phone every weekday from 1pm-5pm.
So how does the curbside service work?
- Patrons may request/check out up to 5 items per card.
- Please give the staff plenty of advance notice to fulfill your request before the scheduled pickup
- Pick up is available on weekdays between 1pm-5pm.
- We have started transit services again and are able to borrow from other libraries. However, you must continue to call the library for holds. Patrons are still unable to place holds from the online catalog at this time.
- Please visit catalog.wcls.lib.ar.us to see if we have what you want!
As always, our wifi is available in the parking lot 24 hours a day with the password posted on the doors. Also, we can be reached by phone (479-643-2904), email (email@example.com), Facebook (Elkins Public Library), or the Library’s webpage on the City of Elkins’ website (elkins.arkansas.gov).
What about Summer Reading?
- Unfortunately, since the library will be open to the public in time for Summer Reading we are planning to move it online. This will be a completely new experience for the staff and our patrons. Keep an eye out at the beginning of June for news about this.
Thank you for your patience during the past 2 months and your continued patience as we start this new phase. As always, our wifi is available in the parking lot 24 hours a day with the password posted on the doors. Also, we can be reached by phone (479-643-2904), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook (Elkins Public Library), or the Library’s webpage on the City of Elkins’ website (elkins.arkansas.gov).