AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ELKIN'S MUNICIPAL CODE BY ADDING CHAPTER 2.30 TO TITLE 2 WHICH CREATES THE POSITION OF OFFICE MANAGER , SETS COMPENSATION AND OUTLINES THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICE MANAGER; AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY TO EXIST AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
WHEREAS, there is an immediate need to formally recognize, name and define the position of responsibility within the City of the primary OFFICE MANAGER
WHEREAS, the difficulty in fmding a qualified and available Recorder-Treasurer has intensified the need to clarify the various administrative fimctions within the administration of the City.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE ELKIN'S CITY COUNCIL, That,
Section I: Title 2 of the Elkin's Municipal Code is hereby amended by adding Chapter 2.30, which chapter reads as follows:
CHAPTER 2.30 OFFICE MANAGER
2.30,01 Office Manager 2.30.02 Compensation 2.30.03 Duties 2.30.01 Office Manager Position Created. There is hereby created a department head level
position to be called Office Manager. This may be a full-time or part-time position (to be determined by the Mayor and"-r Recorder/Treasurer from time to time). Completion of the herein assigned duties shall be t1e guiding principle in determining whether the position shall be full or part-time.
2.30.02 Compensation. The Office Manager shall be a paid position with the full-time beginning salary range, dependent on education, skills, training and experience, set by the approved job -description for this position plus benefits as provided in the Personnel Policy in effect at the time of hire. If the Office Manager is part-time the beginning salary and benefits (if any) shall be approved by the City Council.
The Office Manager's salary shall be paid in installments every two (2) weeks or as otherwise determined by the City Council. The Office Manager's annual salary may be reviewed periodically by the City Council and may be changed by ordinance, resolution, or adoption (amendment) of the City budget.
2.30.03. The Office Manager shall in the performance of his/her duties: department head.
2. be responsible to properly file and maintain all City correspondence, contracts, documents and records in an orderly and accessible manner with appropriate safeguards.
3. develop and maintain a City WEB page.
4 . file and maintain all City ordinances, resolutions and other official notices; obtain required signatures on all such records and documents and maintain an index to locate such documents.
5. take minutes at Fireman's Pension Board, typing/transcribing such minutes, distribute such minutes and then keep and safeguard such minutes
6. take minutes at City Council meetings, typing/transcribing such minutes, distribute such minutes and then keep and safeguard such minutes.
7. assist in preparation of annual budget for City and/or departments and recording of receipts and expenditures.
8. Pay all invoices, bills and statements received by the City, to make all deposits for >City departments, maintain records of all bank accounts (unless otherwise directed by the City Council).
9. develop and distribute agendas for City Council and other City committee meetings.
10. enter information into City accounting system and prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual financial reports as required by law or as directed by: the City Council
11. assist Mayor, Police Chief, Recorder-Treasurer and Building Official in performance of their duties.
12. track, tag, list and maintain record/list of all City assets with annual updates.
13. perform other administrative tasks as assigned by Mayor.
Section 2: In order to fill the position of Recorder-Treasurer for the City it is critical that this position be formally created and the position filled. This is necessary to provide complete and accurate fiscal control of City finances and therefore an emergency is hereby declared to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens; this ordinance shall be immediately effective upon its passage and approval.
PASSED AND APPROVED this 20th day of December, 2007.
- Ordinance 122007A (30 Downloads)