A RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING AN ANTIDISPLACEMENT PLAN.
WHEREAS, the City of Elkins will replace all occupied and vacant occupiable low and moderate income dwellings demolished or converted to a use other than as low/moderate income housing as a direct result of activities assisted with funds provided under the housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, and described in 24 CPR 570.496a(b)(l), and that all replacement housing will be provided within three years of the commencement of the demolition or rehabilitation relating to the conversion, and;
WHEREAS, the City of Elkins will provide relocation assistance as described in 570.496(a)(b)(2), to each. low/moderate income household displaced by demolition or by the conversion of a low/moaerate income dwelling to another use as a direct result of assisted activities, and;
WHEREAS, if any such project will involve the demolition or conversion of low or moderate income dwelling units, the following will be provided:
I. The general location on a map and approximate number of dwelling units by size (number of bedrooms) that will be demolished or converted to a use other than low/moderate income dwelling units as a direct result of the assisted activity, and;
2. A time schedule for commencement and completion of the demolition or conversion, and;
3. The general location on a map and approximate number of dwelling units by size (number of bedrooms) that will be provided as replacement dwelling units, and;
4. The source of funding and a time schedule for the provision of replacement dwelling units, and;
5. The basis for concluding that each replacement dwelling will remain a low/moderate income dwelling unit for at least I 0 years from the date of initial occupancy.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ELKINS, ARKANSAS, that:
Consistent with the goals and objectives of activities assisted under the Act, as amended, the City of Elkins will make every effort to minimize the displacement of persons from homes.
PASSED AND APPROVED on this 20th of September, 2012.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2012-16 (115 Downloads)