A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE PROPERTY LOCATED AT 2232 S. BRANDI DRIVE, ELKINS, OWNED BY DR. LADARYL LANKFORD AND PHYLISS CRAIG, A NUISANCE, PURSUANT TO ELKINS MUNICIPAL CODE 5.04.01 AND FOLLOWING
WHEREAS, Dr. Ladaryl Lankford and Phyliss Craig are the owners of the property located at 2232 S. Brandi Drive, Elkins; Dr. Lankford has been contacted by Don Cryder the Elkins Building Official numerous times concerning complaints by neighbors.
WHEREAS, the neighbors have made several complaints about Dr. Ladaryl Lankford's and Ms. Craig's property at 2232 S. Brandi Drive over the last several months and the owners have failed to resolve the problems on the property.
BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED BY THE ELKINS CITY COUNCIL, That
1. Dr. Ladaryl Lankford and Phyliss Craig as owners, but not the resident, of the property/structure at 2232 S. Brandi Drive, Elkins, were apprised of the complaints by neighbors concerning: - trash and rubbish in yard - foul odors - cockroaches - mice - weeds and grass overgrown
2. That the owners have not corrected the noted problems, deficiencies and dangers, but instead they have allowed them to persist and such problems are a danger to the health of others in the area.
3. That the structure at 2232 S. Brandi Drive, Elkins, Arkansas is hereby declared to be a NUISANCE due to the sanitation and safety problems listed at number 1 above.
4. That notice of this Resolution shall be provided to Dr. Ladaryl Lankford, Ms. Phyliss Craig and any record lien-holder as required by Elkins Municipal Code 5.04.02.
5. That ifthe NUISANCE is not abated within twenty (20) calendar days after the posting of a true and certified copy of this resolution at a conspicuous place on the structure, the Elkins Water and Sewer Department shall be directed to cut off water service to the structure; a hearing on removal/remediation of the NUISANCE by the City shall be held before the Elkins City Council at 7:00 p.m. o'clock on Thursday the 18th day of August, 2011, at the City Administration Building, 1874 Stokenbury road, Elkins, AR.
6. That all costs associated with the removal/remediation of the NUISANCE by the City (including administrative costs) shall be collected from the owners and/or asserted as a lien on the property and foreclosed/collected pursuant to Law.
PASSED AND APPROVED this 21st day of July, 2011.
- RESOLUTION 2011-15 (37 Downloads)