WHEREAS, the City Council of Elkins desires to obtain the benefits of leasing out the previous Courts Building to generate revenue but also to obtain for local citizens the benefit of the Area Agency on Aging activities in that area of the City.
WHEREAS, the building was listed for sale and will no longer be listed for sale.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ELKINS, ARKANSAS, THAT:
1. That the Mayor and Recorder-Treasurer are hereby directed and authorized to execute the attached Lease with the Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Arkansas, which grants usage of the Courts Building to the Agency/their sublease thereby obtaining for the City the financial benefits of the Lease and the benefits to the City of a Senior Citizen's Center on First Street.
2. That the Recorder/Treasurer is directed to notify the County Assessor of the Lease agreement; that the Recorder/Treasurer shall also notify the Arkansas Municipal League of the Lease specifically the department which handles the City's insurance on the structure.
3. That the attached Lease agreement and all terms set forth therein are hereby ratified and confirmed.
4. That Mayor and Recorder/Treasurer are authorized to take such steps as are necessary to execute such Lease and any related documentation as is necessary to obtain for the citizens of Elkins the benefits of the Lease attached hereto
Approved this 7th day of May, 2009.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2009-14 (131 Downloads)