- Repair and maintenance of streets, sidewalks and roadways in the City of Elkins.
- Maintain and keep street equipment and vehicles in good working order.
- Assist the Mayor, Water and Sewer Superintendent and Planning Leader in developing a maintenance program for the streets of Elkins.
- Keep roadways free of debris that might contribute to accidents. This includes tire treads, animals, metal, wood and other debris.
- With the assistance of the Water and Sewer Superintendent remove ice and snow that may accumulate on city streets and cause hazardous driving conditions.
- Mow street right of ways and remove debris from drainage ditches.
- Install new and repair old street signs.
- Assist the Police Department and Fire Department in traffic control as needed during emergencies and natural disasters.
- Be aware of and remain current on regulations that pertain to street maintenance and traffic control.
- Responsible for maintaining facility conditions, which may include but not limited to operation of equipment such as tractors, mowers, and groomers.
- Any other assigned duties required by the Mayor.
Minimum of graduation from high school or equivalent, Possession of a valid driver’s license. CDL preferred but not required. Salary based on experience.
You may apply at the City of Elkins, 1874 Stokenbury Road, Elkins, AR 72727, or fax resume/applications to 479-643-3368. Please contact City of Elkins if you have any questions 479-643-3400. Applications will be accepted through June 12, 2018.