City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: July 19, 2018
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, Council Member Janet Mott, Council Member Dennis Way and City Attorney Danny Wright
- Mayor Bruce Ledford called the City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins to order at 7:00 PM.
- Council Member Janet Mott led the invocation.
- Chris Smiley led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Office Manager, Gayla Stahman, took roll: Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council
Member Janet Mott, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, Council Member Dennis Way,
Council Member Eric McGill, absent, Council Member Duane Richert, absent.
- Approval of Minutes: Approval of May 17, 2018 Minutes:
Council Member Stith made a motion to approve the minutes. Council Member Plumlee seconded the motion. Roll Call: Council Member Way abstained, Council Member. Mayor Ledford voted. (4/0) Motion Carried.
- Department Reports: General Discussion
- Unfinished Business: None
- New Business: A.) Jeremy Mangrum – Elkins Public Schools Superintendent – Mr. Mangrum introduced himself to the Council and there was general
discussion in regards to the school and city working together. B) Ordinance No. 07-19-2018 – Approving the rezoning of 92 Acre Stinson Farm
Council Member Stith made a motion read Ordinance 07-19-2018 by title only, Council Member Way seconded the motion. Roll Call (4/0) Motion Carried.
Danny Wright read Ordinance 07-19-2018 by title only. Council Member Lloyd Stith made a motion to approve the first reading of Ordinance 07-19-2018 and Council Member Mott seconded the motion. Roll Call (4/0) Motion Carried.
A) Mott/John McGowan Property – Mr. McGowan presented to the Council his proposed developed for the 25 acres and there was discussion regarding his proposed development. McGowan will bring further information when the final drawings are done and present them to the planning commission for approval. B) Water & Sewer has chosen to have Garver Engineering for their Engineering services. C) Water & Sewer approved at their last Water & Sewer meeting to change the reconnect charges from $25.00 to $50.00 effective January 1, 2019. D) Mayor informed the Council that Danny Wright will be retiring as of December 31, 2018 and that the City will be hiring the law firm Harrington Miller.
- Adjourn: Council Member Stith made a motion to adjourn at 7:57 PM. Council Member Mott seconded the motion. Motion Carried.
Correct Attest: ________________________________ Mayor Bruce Ledford
_ _______________________________City Clerk, Delia Foster