City of Elkins, Arkansas Special City Council Meeting
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
DATE: January 26, 2017
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Jeff Plumlee, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Dennis Way, Alderman Eric McGill, and City Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 6:00 p.m.
2. Recorder Treasurer, Delia Foster, took roll: Alderman Jeff Plumlee, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Dennis Way, and Alderman Eric McGill were present.
3. Discussion of Ballfield Drainage:
Daniel Barnes and Adam Lasso from McClelland Engineering were present. The Council discussed the issue. Mr. Les Price (owner of neighboring property) was also present and voiced his concerns. Mr. Barnes explained that due to budget restraints the detention pond was removed from the master plan, but that there are a few options to alleviate the drainage problem:
1) Pipe underground to White River (most expensive)
2) Cut ditch on eastern side of the property to carry water to river.
3) Build a levee (least expensive)
The Council requested that McClelland Engineers estimate the cost of cutting the ditch along the eastern property line to back of property to disburse water and report findings back to Mayor Ledford.
4. Adjourn - Alderman McGill made a motion to adjourn at 6:54 p.m. Alderman Stith
seconded the motion. Motion Carried.
Correct Attest: ________________________________ Mayor Bruce Ledford
_________________________________Recorder/Treasurer, Delia Foster
- Elkins City Counsel Minutes 01-26-2017 (143 Downloads)