City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: January 19, 2017
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Jeff Plumlee, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Janet Mott, Alderman Dennis Way, Alderman Eric McGill, Alderman Duane Richert, and City Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Danny Wright led the invocation.
3. Chris (Planning Commission) led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder Treasurer, Delia Foster, took roll: Alderman Jeff Plumlee, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Janet Mott, Alderman Dennis Way, and Alderman Eric McGill, and Alderman Duane Richert were present.
5. Approval of Minutes:
Approval of December 15, 2016 minutes:
Alderman Stith made a motion to approve the minutes. Alderman Way seconded the
motion. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried (Alderman Mott and Alderman Richert
6. Department Reports.
7. Unfinished Business.
8. New Business:
A) Elect Ex Officio President of City Council:
Alderman Plumlee made a motion to nominate Alderman Stith as Ex Officio President. Alderman McGill seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried (Alderman Stith abstained)
B) Discussion Regarding Citizen Commentary:
Mayor Ledford discussed with the council allowing citizens to have a 3-minute
commentary per individual at council meetings. Alderman unanimously agreed.
C) Elkins Sports Complex:
Alderman and Mayor discussed the issues with drainage at the complex. Citizen Les Price addressed the Council regarding his concern, stating the drainage needs
to be engineered differently to drain water adequately to the back of property and not onto his property. Mayor Ledford will set up a meeting with the engineers and council members to discuss discrepancies regarding drainage. Alderman unanimously agreed.
9. Committee of the Whole:
A) Statements of Financial Interest need to be turned in by January 31, 2017.
B) Mayor requesting authorization to sale the property behind Collier Drug Store to Brandon Sullivan for $13,000:
Alderman Stith made a motion to authorize the sale to Brandon Sullivan in the amount of $13,000. Alderman Mott seconded the motion. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried
10. Adjourn - Alderman Stith made a motion to adjourn at 7:41 p.m. Alderman McGill
seconded the motion. Motion Carried.
Correct Attest: ________________________________ Mayor Bruce Ledford
_________________________________Recorder/Treasurer, Delia Foster
- Elkins City Counsel Minutes 01-19-2017 (74 Downloads)