City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: May 18, 2017
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Eric McGill, Alderman Dennis Way, Alderman Jeff Plumlee, Alderman Duane Richert, and City Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Danny Wright led the invocation.
3. J.D. Demott led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder Treasurer, Delia Foster, took roll: Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Dennis Way, Alderman Duane Richert, Alderman Eric McGill, and Alderman Jeff Plumlee were present. Alderman Janet Mott was absent.
5. Approval of Minutes: Approval of March 16, 2017 and March 28, 2017 minutes: Alderman Stith made a motion to approve the minutes. Alderman Way seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried
6. Department Reports.
7. Unfinished Business.
8. New Business:
A) Library – Additional Loan Payment: Alderman Plumlee made a motion to authorize the Library Board to make an additional loan payment in the amount of $25,000. Alderman Richert seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried
B) Item Removed from the Agenda
C) Resolution 2017-05 – Fireworks Stand Lease: Alderman McGill made a motion to read Resolution No. 2017-05. Alderman Richert seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
Danny Wright read Resolution No. 2017-05. Alderman Stith made a motion to approve Resolution No. 2017-05 authorizing the fireworks stand lease in the Twin Oaks Subdivision in the amount of $1500.00. Alderman Plumlee seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
9. Committee of the Whole: A) Spring clean-up May 19-20, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. B) Mayor Ledford gave an update on the sports complex. C) Lawsuit filed against City regarding Stokenbury Farms, Municipal League attorney representing the City of Elkins.
10. Adjourn - Alderman Stith made a motion to adjourn at 7:27 p.m. Alderman Richert seconded the motion. Motion Carried.
Correct Attest: ________________________________ Mayor Bruce Ledford
_________________________________Recorder/Treasurer, Delia Foster