City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: September 21, 2017
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Eric McGill, Council Member Dennis Way, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, Council Member Janet Mott, and City Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Janet Mott led the invocation.
3. J.D. DeMott led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder Treasurer, Delia Foster, took roll: Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Dennis Way, Council Member Janet Mott, Council Member Eric McGill, and Council Member Jeff Plumlee were present. Council Member Duane Richert was absent.
5. Approval of Minutes:
Approval of August 17, 2017 minutes:
Council Member Stith made a motion to approve the minutes. Council Member
Way seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried
6. Department Reports.
7. Unfinished Business.
8. New Business:
A.) Rausch Coleman – Stokenbury Farms: Jesse with Rausch Coleman and Taylor Linley with Crafton Tull spoke to the council regarding the detention ponds in the Stokenbury Farms sub-division. Rausch Coleman is planning to purchase lots in Stokenbury Farms and is working to resolve the issues with the detention ponds. In the future, they will be presenting a proposal to the council for the improvements of grading and outflow issues and are optimistic these improvements will allow the moratorium on building permits to be lifted.
B.)Resolution 2017-10 – Levying the Tax on Real and Personal Property for Council Member Plumlee made a motion to approve Resolution 2017-10. Council Member Mott seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
Attorney Danny Wright read Resolution 2017-10.
Council Member McGill made a motion read Resolution 2017-10. Council Member Plumlee seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
C.) Licenses and Regulations for Garage/Yard Sales:
Discussion on preparing an ordinance for licenses and regulations for garage/yard sales within the city. City Attorney will draw up a proposed ordinance and present to the council.
D.) First Class City:
Discussion regarding becoming a First Class city.
9. Committee of the Whole:
A.) Car Show on September 30, 2017
B.) Winter Municipal League meeting to be held in Ft. Smith on January 10-12, 2018
10. Adjourn - Council Member Mott made a motion to adjourn at 8:17 p.m. Council Member Plumlee seconded the motion. Motion Carried.
Correct Attest: ________________________________ Mayor Bruce Ledford
_________________________________Recorder/Treasurer, Delia Foster