City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: November 16, 2017
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Council Member Lloyd Stith, Council Member Eric McGill, Council Member Dennis Way, Council Member Duane Richert, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, and City Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Danny Wright led the invocation.
3. Duane Richert led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder Treasurer, Delia Foster, took roll: Council Member Dennis Way, Council Member Jeff Plumlee, Council Member Eric McGill, Council Member Duane Richert, and Council Member Lloyd Stith were present. Council Member Janet Mott was absent.
5. Approval of Minutes:
Approval of October19, 2017 minutes:
Council Member Richert made a motion to approve the minutes. Council Member Stith seconded the motion. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried. Council Member Jeff Plumlee abstained.
6. Department Reports.
7. Unfinished Business:
A) Ordinance No. 10-19-2017 – Garage/Yard Sales: Council Member Stith made a motion read Ordinance No. 10-19-2017 by title only, second reading. Council Member McGill seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
Attorney Danny Wright read Ordinance No. 10-19-2017 by title only.
Council Member Plumlee made a motion to approve the second reading of Ordinance No. 10-19-2017 by title only. Council Member McGill seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
8. New Business:
A) 2018 Budget Review: The Council members were given a copy of the proposed 2018 budget to be reviewed before the next meeting. The Council will vote on the proposed budget during the next meeting.
9. Committee of the Whole:
A) December 15th will be the annual City Christmas party.
10. Adjourn - Council Member Stith made a motion to adjourn at 7:32 p.m. Council Member Richert seconded the motion. Motion Carried.
Correct Attest: ________________________________ Mayor Bruce Ledford
_________________________________Recorder/Treasurer, Delia Foster