City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: August 17, 2017
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Eric McGill, Alderman Dennis Way, Alderman Jeff Plumlee, Alderman Janet Mott, Alderman Duane Richert, and City Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Danny Wright led the invocation.
3. Duane Foster led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder Treasurer, Delia Foster, took roll: Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Dennis Way, Alderman Janet Mott, Alderman Eric McGill, and Alderman Jeff Plumlee, and Alderman Duane Richert were present.
5. Approval of Minutes: Approval of July 20, 2017 minutes: Alderman McGill made a motion to approve the minutes as amended. Alderman Plumlee seconded the motion. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried
6. Department Reports.
7. Unfinished Business.
8. New Business:
A) Resolution 2017-09 Moratorium on Ordinance No. 03-21-2013B Regulating Door to Door Sales/Solicitation at Private Residences in the City of Elkins:
Alderman Stith made a motion read Resolution 2017-09 by title only. Alderman Richert seconded the motion. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried.
Attorney Danny Wright read Resolution 2017-09 by title only.
Alderman Stith made a motion to approve Resolution 2017-09. Alderman Plumlee seconded the motion. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried.
9. Committee of the Whole:
A) 2017 Tank Maintenance Project: Three water tanks will be inspected and, if needed, cleaned by Midco Diving & Marine Services, Inc. for the cost of $2998.
B) Library Director/Library Board Resignation Letters: Margaret Harrelson resigned and Susan Unger is the interim director.
10. Adjourn - Alderman Stith made a motion to adjourn at 7:25 p.m. Alderman Mott seconded the motion. Motion Carried.
Correct Attest: ________________________________ Mayor Bruce Ledford
_________________________________Recorder/Treasurer, Delia Foster