City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: March 18, 2010
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas Present: Mayor Jack Ladyman, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bruce Ledford, Alderman Terri Miller, Alderman Jeremy Stevens and City Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Jack Ladyman called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Mayor Ladyman led the invocation.
3. Susan Unger led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Administrative Assistant Kyla Graves called roll: Alderman Jeremy Stevens, Alderman Terri Miller, Alderman Bruce Ledford, Alderman Lloyd Stith and Alderman Duane Foster. Alderman Bonnie Wilcox was not present.
5. Approval of 3/4/2010 minutes- Alderman Stevens pointed out a correction that the $20,000.00 should be $20, 100.00. Alderman Stevens made a motion to approve. Alderman Miller seconded. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
6. Department Reports
7. Unfinished Business a.) Annexation of Carter Property on Hattabaugh Lane- Alderman Ledford made a motion to deannex the 16.5 acre property. Alderman Stith seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
8. New Business
a.) Renew Loan on Police Vehicles-Alderman Stevens made a motion to approve Resolution 2010-12. Alderman Stith seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
b.) Add Court Clerk to Authorized Personnel for Safety Deposit Box-Alderman Stevens made a motion to approve Resolution 2010-13. Alderman Miller seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
c.) Purchase of Computer Workstations for Court Clerk's Office-Alderman Miller made a motion to approve the purchase up to $6,610.00 Alderman Stevens seconded. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
d.) Committee Appointments- Mayor Ladyman appointed Alderman Stevens to the street committee. Alderman Stith made a motion to approve. Alderman Miller seconded the motion. Roll Call: (4/1) with one abstention. Motion Carried.
e.) Contract for Water & Sewer Collections- Alderman Stith requests to know how much outstanding money Water & Sewer has, also a list of other companies and their rates to compare with the contract and what other municipalities are using this company. Mayor agreed to obtain this information. Tabled until next meeting.
a.) New Part Time Administration Assistant- Sue Bartholomew was hired through the Sr. Community Service Employment Program to help in the front office and water department.
b.) Energy Audit of City Administration Building- Mayor Ladyman talked about applying for a grant to replace the heat and air systems, lighting and add insulation. Ozark Electric has completed an energy audit of the City Administration Building and a report should be available next week.
c.) Attorney Wright discussed Doyle Gray's house and how he was taking steps to improve so the City will not take action.
d.) Discussion about becoming a first class city.
e.) Attorney Wright recommended that Water Clerk Michelle Caler attend training for signs to recognize identity theft in order to comply with Federal Law.
f.) Discussion on when training will take place with the Elkins Police Department's Canine Unit. Alderman Miller suggests that we need a Policy/Procedure for taking care of canine. Alderman Ledford requested the section in the Police Standard Operating Procedure book concerning the dog.
9. Alderman Stith made a motion to adjourn. Alderman Stevens seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned at 8:52 pm.
- Minutes - March 18, 2010 (23 Downloads)