City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: January 21", 2010
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas Present: Recorder/Treasurer Sunny Ledford, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bruce Ledford, Alderman Terri Miller, Alderman Duane Foster and Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Jeremy Stevens
1. Sunny Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:04 p.m.
2. Alderman Foster led the invocation.
3. Jason Bathon led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder/Treasurer, Sunny Ledford called roll: Alderman Duane Foster, Alderman Terri Miller, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bruce Ledford, Alderman Jeremy Stevens and Alderman Bonnie Wilcox.
5. Department Reports
6. Approval of 1-7-2010 minutes-Alderman Stevens made a motion to approve. Alderman Stith seconded. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried.
7. Unfinished Business- None
8. New Businessa.)
a.) Resolution Approving Application for the Arkansas Economic Development Department Regional Improvement Grant- Alderman Stevens made a motion to approve Resolution 2010- 2. The motion was seconded by Alderman Wilcox. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried.
b.) Shredding of Court Documents-Alderman Stevens made a motion to authorize Court Clerk to shred presented documents. Alderman Miller seconded the motion. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried.
c.) Review of Warrant Collection Program- Courts will continue with collection program.
d.) 2010 Animal Control Contract with Fayetteville Animal Shelter-Alderman Stevens made a motion to table this until the next meeting. Alderman Miller seconded the motion. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried.
e.) Allocating 1 mil to Retired Firefighters' account- Resolution was not requested of City Attorney Danny Wright by Office Manager Gayla Stahman after Alderman Miller asked her to. Alderman Miller made a motion to table until next meeting and Danny Wright will draw up a resolution for voting. Alderman Stevens seconded the motion. Roll Call: (6/0) Motion Carried.
a. Statements of Financial Interest are due by January 31, 2010
b. Citizens Comments- Susan letting public know about the Census people printing canvas bags marketing the upcoming census that will be available at the Elkins Public Library
10. Adjourn-Alderman Stevens made a motion to adjourn. Alderman Wilcox seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
- Minutes - January 21, 2010 (76 Downloads)