City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: January 19, 2012
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Delia
Foster, Alderman Duane Miller, Alderman Virginia Gardner and Attorney Danny Wright.
Not Present: Alderman Janet Mott
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Duane Foster led the invocation.
3. Rene Allen led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. City Clerk Jason Bathon called roll: Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman
Delia Foster, Alderman Virginia Gardner, and Alderman Duane Miller. Not Present: Alderman
5. Approval of 12/29/11 minutes-Alderman Miller made a motion to approve the minutes. Alderman
Stith seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
6. Department Reports-
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A.) Shop With A Cop Bank Account-Alderman Stith made a motion to allow the Police
Department to open a new bank account for the Shop With A Cop fund. Alderman Gardner
seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0)
B.) Police- New Vehicle Purchase- Chief Rhodes discussed a grant the Police Department
received. They will receive $21,000 from the state and $5522 will be the cost to the City.
Alderman Miller made a motion to approve. Alderman Foster seconded the motion. Roll Call :
(5/0). Motion Carried
C.)LOPFI CD-Alderman Stith made a motion to cash in a CD. Alderman Wilcox seconded. Roll
Call: (4/1) with Alderman Miller abstaining. Motion Carried.
D.) Animal Control- General Discussion
E.) Waiver of Permit Fees- Alderman Foster made a motion to put Ordinance 01-19-2012 for
discussion. Alderman Wilcox seconded. Danny Wright read by title only.
Alderman Stith made a motion to approve first reading, seconded by Alderman Wilcox. Roll Call :
(5/0) Motion Carried.
F.) Court Destruction Affidavit- Alderman Miller approved the affidavit. Alderman Wilcox seconded
the motion. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried
9. Committee of the Whole
A.) Notice of Public Hearing
10. Adjourn-Miller made a motion to adjourn 7:50. Alderman Gardner seconded the motion.
- Minutes - January 19, 2012 (36 Downloads)