City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
DATE: February 21, 2013
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Josh Bowen, Alderman Jeff Plumlee, AldermanVirginia Gardner, Alderman Eric McGill, Alderman Janet Mott, and CityAttorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Janet Mott led the invocation.
3. Duane Foster led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder Treasurer, Delia Foster, took roll: Alderman Eric McGill, Alderman JoshBowen, Alderman Jeff Plumlee, Alderman Virginia Gardner, Alderman Janet Mott,Alderman Lloyd Stith (absent).
5. Approval of Minutes:
A) Approval of January 17, 2013 minutes - Alderman Bowen made a motion toapprove the minutes. Alderman McGill seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0).Motion Carried.
B) Amended minutes of March 15, 2012 (7A) Waiver of Elkins School Districtpermit fees to include: building permit, HV AC permit, gas permit, plumbingpermit, and electrical permit - Alderman Mott made a motion to approve theamended minutes. Alderman Gardner seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0)Motion Carried.
6. Department Reports.
7. Unfinished Business:
8. New Business:
A) Resolution 4 - Alderman Gardner made a motion to approve the Resolution.Alderman Mott seconded. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
B) Ordinance 02/21/2013 - Alderman Bowen made a motion to approve the firstreading by title only. Alderman Gardner seconded. Roll Call: (5/0). MotionCarried.
C) New Elkins High School Permits - Alderman Mott made a motion to waive thepermit fees for the Elkins High School to include: building permit, HV AC permit,gas permit, plumbing permit, and electrical permit. Alderman McGill seconded.Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
D) State of the City Letter- Mayor Ledford.
E) Chairman of Council Appointment - Alderman Mott made a motion to appointAlderman Lloyd Stith to be Council Chairman. Alderman McGill seconded. RollCall: (5/0). Motion Carried.
9. Committee of the Whole.
10. Adjourn - Alderman Gardner made a motion to adjourn 8:06 p.m. Alderman Mottseconded the motion.
- Minutes - February 21, 2013 (74 Downloads)