City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: February 17, 2011
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Duane Miller, Alderman Virginia Gardner and Attorney Danny Wright.
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Danny Wright led the invocation.
3. JD Demotte led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder/Treasurer Jason Bathon called roll: Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Duane Miller, Alderman Duane Foster, Alderman Virginia Gardner, and Alderman Lloyd Stith
5. Approval of 1/20/11 minutes- Alderman Stith made a motion to approve the minutes as read. Alderman Wilcox seconded the motion. Roll Call: (3/0). With Alderman Wilcox abstaining. Motion Carried.
6. Department Reports
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A.) Committee Appointments, Planning Commission: Alderman Stith made a motion to appoint Rose Blavesciunas. Alderman Gardner seconded the motion. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried.
B.) New City Website presentation from Sara White- Discussed details of proposed website plan. Alderman Miller asked for department head opinions.
C.) Monthly Council Meetings- General discussion on having one meeting on the third Thursday of the month. Attorney Danny Wright will work on revising Ordinance.
7:38- Alderman Mott arrived to the meeting.
D.) Appointment of Council, Ward 3 Seat 1- Alderman Stith made a motion to appoint Delia Foster to City Council. Alderman Mott seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
E.) Appointment of Council members to their Committees- Mayor Ledford appointed members to their committees. Alderman Stith will be on the Water Sewer committee. Alderman Gardner will be on the Budget/Finance committee. Alderman Foster will be on the Planning committee. Alderman Mott will be on the Streets committee. Alderman Miller will be on the Parks committee. Alderman Wilcox will be on the Library committee.
9. Citizens Comments
Alderman Mott made a motion to adjourn at 7:42. Alderman Stith seconded the motion.
- Minutes - February 17, 2011 (72 Downloads)