City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: July 21, 2011
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Bruce Ledford, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Delia Foster, Alderman Duane Miller and Attorney Danny Wright. Not Present: Alderman Virginia Gardner
1. Mayor Bruce Ledford called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Danny Wright led the invocation.
3. Bill Rhodes led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. City Clerk Jason Bathon called roll: Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Janet Mott, Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Delia Foster, and Alderman Duane Miller. Absent: Alderman Virginia Gardner
5. Approval of 06-30-11 minutes- Alderman Stith made a motion to approve the minutes as read. Alderman Wilcox seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0). Motion Carried.
Added Items under New Business:
E.) Resolution 2011-15
F.) Budget Revision
6. Department Reports
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A.) Library Appointment- Randi Robson and C. Blouse. Alderman Wilcox made a motion to approve the appointments. Alderman Mott seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
B.) Backflow Prevention- Alderman Stith asked for Council to look over Ordinance.
C) Property and Vehicle Insurance for 2012
D.) Resolution 2011-15- Alderman Miller made a motion to Resolution 2011-15. Alderman Wilcox seconded. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried. Alderman Miller made a motion to approve Resolution 2011-15. Alderman Wilcox seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
E.) Budget Revision- Mid-year budget adjusting, general discussion.
9. Committee of the Whole
A.) Parks Committee- 2 member openings
B.) Chief of Police- Received 6 applications
C.) Marvin Freeman spoke about his dissatisfaction with Deffenbaugh.
Alderman Wilcox made a motion to adjourn 7:50. Alderman Stith seconded the motion.
- Minutes - August 18, 2011 (114 Downloads)