City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: April 15, 2010
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas
Present: Mayor Jack Ladyman, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bruce Ledford,
Alderman Jeremy Stevens, Aldennan Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Duane
Foster, Attorney Danny Wright and Recorder/Treasurer Sunny Ledford.
1. Mayor Jack Ladyman called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00
2. Danny Wright led the invocation.
3. Fire Chief JD Demotta led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. RecorderfTreasurer Sunny Ledford called roll: Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman
Jeremy Stevens, Alderman Bonnie Wilcox, Alderman Bruce Ledford and
Alderman Duane Foster
5. Approval of 4/1/2010 minutes- Alderman Ledford made a motion to approve the
minutes as presented. Alderman Stith seconded. Roll Call: (4/1) Chair votes for.
6. Department Reports- Library will be having a used book sale on Friday 4/23 and
Saturday 4/24 from 10-2.
7. Unfinished Business
a.)Ordinance 04/01/10 Concerning Deannexation of Carter Property on
Hattabaugh Lane-Alderman Stevens made a motion to put Ordinance 04/01/10
on second reading by title only. Alderman Ledford seconded the motion. Roll
Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
Alderman Stevens made a motion to approve second reading of Ordinance 04-
01-2010. Alderman Wilcox seconded. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
b.) Spring Cleanup-Will be held on 5/14, 5/15 and 5/16. Will be cut off at $2,000
in expenses paid by the Water Department. People dropping items off must have
their bill and Driver's License. Expecting volunteers to help. Discussion on selling
scrap metal to help offset cost.
8. a.) First Quarter Budget Review and Modification- Aldennan Stevens made a
motion to approve Resolution 2010-17. Alderman Wilcox seconded the motion.
Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried.
b.) Resolution Setting Up "Water Impact Fee Trust Fund" at Arvest BankAlderman
Stevens made a motion to approve Resolution 2010-18. Alderman
Ledford seconded the motion. Roll Call: (5/0) Motion Carried
a. Review of Planning Code on Paving of Parking Lots- Don Cryder presented
finding on land use code on paving lots.
b. Drug Free Workplace policy suggestion by Danny Wright for council to look
over for adoption of City for an update.
10. Adjourn- Alderman Stevens made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Alderman
Wilcox. The meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.
- Minutes April 15, 2010 (131 Downloads)