City of Elkins, Arkansas City Council Meeting
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
DATE: April 1, 2010
PLACE: Elkins City Administration Building, Elkins, Arkansas Present: Mayor Jack Ladyman, Alderman Lloyd Stith, Alderman Bruce Ledford, Alderman Terri Miller, Attorney Danny Wright and Recorder/Treasurer Sunny Ledford.
1. Mayor Jack Ladyman called a City Council Meeting of the City of Elkins at 7:00 p.m.
2. Mayor Ladyman led the invocation.
3. Bobby McGarrah led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recorder/Treasurer Sunny Ledford called roll: Alderman Terri Miller, Alderman Bruce Ledford, Alderman Duane Foster, and Alderman Lloyd Stith
5. Approval of 3/18/2010 minutes-Alderman Ledford made a motion to approve the minutes as submitted. Alderman Miller seconded. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried.
6. Unfinished Business
a.) Ordinance Concerning Deannexation of Carter Property on Hattabaugh LaneAlderman Ledford made a motion to put Ordinance 04-01-2010 on first reading by title only. Alderman Foster seconded the motion. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried. Alderman Ledford made a motion to approve first reading of Ordinance 04-01- 2010. Alderman Foster seconded. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried.
b.)Agreement with Mayfair Solutions for Collecting of Outstanding Water BillsAlderman Miller made a motion to allow Water Department to enter into contract with Mayfair Solutions. Alderman Stith seconded the motion. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried.
7. New Business- a.) Sale of Police Car-Alderman Stith made a motion to approve Resolution 2010-14. Alderman Miller seconded. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried.
b. )Changing Signatures on Water & Sewer Visa Account at Arvest BankAlderman Miller made a motion to update names on the Water & Sewer account. Alderman Foster seconded the motion. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried.
c.) Trees on Jack Frost property- Alderman Miller made a motion to approve removal of tree thru Hi-Tech Tree Service for $1,200 to remove one tree. Alderman Ledford seconded the motion. Roll Call: (4/0) Motion Carried.
a.) Procedures for Police Canine Control and Handling- Alderman Miller asks for Police Department to add a departmental log for canine to monthly report.
b.) Elkins Community Night at Arvest Ballpark- Sunday June 5th at 6pm. Tickets are $6, of that $1 will be donated to the Senior Center. Must buy tickets thru City so it counts,
c.) Spring Clean Up- Alderman Foster would like to see a Spring Clean Up put together, even if it's a smaller version. Water Clerk Michelle Caler thinks we might be able to get a deal with Roll-Off. Mayor Ladyman spoke with Roll-Off and Randy is trying to work a deal. Rates are normally $23.00 a ton right now. If we run a clean up for 3 days the estimate is $2880, which is less than last year. Possible volunteering on Saturday. Alderman Ledford is asking for the numbers to be totaled by the next meeting.
d.) Reminder: Easter egg Hunt on Saturday April 2, 2010 at 11am at the Community Center. The Senior Center is having a bake sale at Harps from 7- 12pm.
e.) Luke Boyer representing a business has questions: water/sewer hookup? Driveway open? Paving on the road? Mayor Ladyman sent a responding letter to Attorney listing Ordinance. Some discussion regarding businesses opened without paving their lots and drives. Building/Planning Commission approved businesses to open without following codes/ordinances.
9. Adjourn- Alderman Ledford made a motion to adjourn. Alderman Foster seconded the motion. Adjourned at 9:30pm.
- Minutes - April 1, 2010 (107 Downloads)